120 days ago
The company’s proprietary technology helps providers of travel services distribute their offering to travel sellers globally via an easy-to-use, advanced technology platform that increases reach, revenue and yield for both the provider and the seller.
Operating under the Hotelbeds brand in the wholesale channel and the Bedsonline brand in the travel agents channel, the company connects over 60,000 travel intermediaries across more than 140 source markets globally with travel providers in over 185 countries representing more than 170,000 hotels, 24,000 transfer routes and 18,000 activities.
In September 2016, the company became independent under the ownership of Cinven and the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). In June 2017, Tourico Holidays became part of Hotelbeds Group, followed by GTA also joining the company in October of the same year.
The company is headquartered in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Do you want to be part of the world's largest bedbank? We're looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our office in Dubai.
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Maintaining relationship and communication with the banks and acting as an intermediary for resolving the concerns of the accounts receivable team and other internal stakeholders;
- Daily download of bank statements from banking portal and sending to accounts receivable team;
- Preparation of actual daily cash flow position based on bank statements for comparing with and analyzing weekly cash flow forecast;
- Managing queries from Corporate treasury team;
- Processing payments via bank transfers and cheques for all overhead vendors (within agreed payment terms), staff expenses and payroll;
- Managing petty cash –reimbursement of expenses, replenishment of float and posting their entries;
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of accounting for Input VAT and assist in monthly VAT filing by maintaining supports;
- Handle VAT related queries from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparation of adhoc journals where required;
- Assisting in month end and year end tasks;
- Assist in reconciling intercompany outages. Liaise with IBM team to resolve outages;
- Review the credit card reconciliations and subsequent journals posted by IBM;
- Maintaining override commission database;
- Assist in preparing information for year-end group and local auditors and handling their queries;
- Other Ad hoc tasks as designated.
What we're looking for:
- A relevant degree or professional qualification in Accouting or Finance
- Good communication skills in English
- Advanced use of Excel
- Previous experience working in an international business
- At least 2 years' of experience in a similar role