Cluster Reservations Agent
123 days ago
TRYP by Wyndham is now seeking a Cluster Reservations Agent to join our team at TRYP by Wyndham Dubai in Dubai, Dubai.
This position is responsible for serving as a liaison between the hotel and various contracted parties (i.e., airlines, wholesalers, etc.) in order to coordinate the hotel’s large- and small-group reservation and booking process
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the service industry is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to maneuver through all areas of the front office.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10-key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine, and photocopier.
- Must be able to adjust to changing priorities, and simultaneously complete multiple assignments despite interruptions.
- Must be proficient in the use of common Windows-based programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to operate basic office machines, i.e., copier, fax, printer, etc.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and analytical skills and be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to work with sensitive and confidential material.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Enter and modify reservations and/or booking schedules as needed for various airlines, wholesalers, and other area destination attraction clients.
- Coordinate and respond to reservation inquiries to ensure applicable group reservations are classified in the proper market segment for the proper event.
- Monitor reservation needs from existing client contracts/agreements by blocking out future dates to ensure commitment to previous agreements, entering actual reservations, releasing or increasing unused or increased blocks, and adjusting allotments through various reservation channels (NetRes, SecureRes, Passkey, etc.) according to reservation demand.
- Perform Front Desk Sales Representative (FDSR) duties as needed. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process guest registrations, including the computation and collection of payment.
- Complete shift reports and process all financial transactions, including the verification and processing of credit card transactions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain room status inventory.
- Respond to guest inquiries regarding hotel services, reservations, attractions, directions, etc.
- Send and receive telephone calls and facsimiles; sort incoming mail and messages.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests, and complaints as needed.
- Follow up with client groups to ensure their overall satisfaction with Company product and services.
- Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests at front desk and other public areas.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
- Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: TRYP by Wyndham Dubai, Al Saef 1 Street Barsha Heights, Dubai, Dubai PO Box 215373
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.