Royal Service Agent
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
10 days ago
Royal Service Agent
: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Royal Service Agent
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are a Fairmont professional. As a Royal Service Agent, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Hotel Overview :
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of eleven food and beverage outlets on property including 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including modern Asian, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Royal Service, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls either by redirecting calls or assisting the caller
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow up according to the hotel’s standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office, Engineering and Food & Beverage
- Maintain, monitor and update the ‘Guest Recovery’ log in the “Royal Service” software system, update and report where necessary to the relevant Leaders
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Handle, track and coordinate shipments relating to ‘Lost & Found’
- Arrange guest amenities to recognize special occasions and VIP guests
- Handle and distribute faxes, voice messages and written messages for internal and external Guests
- Assist Guests with internet trouble-shooting
- To be aware of hotel – internal functions and Outlet Promotions.
- Awareness of outlet concepts, opening hours and F&B menus contents
- To answer guest questions in regards to all hotel information including menu food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
- To be able to send out group dinner proposals and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- To follow all standards for reservation policies, group policies, telephone standards, PDR bookings, VIP guests and special requests.
- To handle any guest feedback in an appropriate manner ensuring the guest leaves the hotel completely satisfied.
- Work closely with other Departments in ways to better serve our guests
- Process Dining reservations for all phone inquiries.
- Have full knowledge of the hotel’s emergency procedures
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute and the ability to multi-task
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Hospitality system knowledge such as Opera and/or PMS would be advantageous
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Shift rotation, including night shift
- Occasional standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 10.Mar.2019, 4:59:00 AM