123 days ago
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
We are excited to find the next Heartist® Reservations Agent to join the Raffles Dubai team!
Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our aim is to keep the Raffles Brand Promise of being an oasis for the Well-Travelled, offering Emotional Luxury to all our distinguished guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as a Reservations Agent.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the key principles of FRHI Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Group, Other
- Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
- Maximise rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective upselling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the hotel
- Be fluent on all hotel products and services
- Handle faxes and emails pertaining to rooms reservations
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time
- Handle customer queries and complaints relating to Rooms Reservations
- Co-host dinners/special events with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required
- Identify Sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with FRHI Core Reservation Standards
- Achieve targeted goals in the LQA Hotel Mystery Shopping calls
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
- Create hierarchies/relationships between Corporate Accounts
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Be involved in all property PMS Conversions
- Complete understand and effective use of the Hotel’s telephone system
- Maintain the Reservation correspondence
- Support the Reservations Manager and/or Revenue Management leader with special projects as required.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to organize work flow
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Hotel or Resort, as Reservations Agents.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Job Number: RDB01602