Client Services Agent
151 days ago
Making Your Next Move Count
XVELA is a growing and dynamic company focused on transforming and improving the way ocean carriers and terminals work together today. We have an excellent opportunity for the right person to help build the worlds’ first cloud based collaboration platform for ocean carriers and terminal operators to increase efficiency in the vessel stowage planning and execution process. While XVELA has a start-up culture, we are backed by Navis, a well-established software company based in Oakland, California. With this backing we feel secure that we will have the support needed to achieve our ambitious goals as we build the solution, go to market and create the network.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a proven track record of success in integration, customer support and management, product training, and project implementation. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and be comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly evolving customer support environment, consulting with customers, training customers, handling cases and managing network deployments to ocean carriers and terminal operators. The candidate will also be comfortable liaising with the XVELA team – sales, product, development, tech ops and others - to advocate for customer, refine business processes and resolve complex issues. Experience working with stowage solutions (such as PowerStow), ocean carriers, terminal operators and complex integration and deployments is highly valued.
- Support – support users of the XVELA platform,users of PowerStow, and Ship Editor as it relates to these two products. Troubleshoot customer issues as they pertain to the use of XVELA and PowerStow. Use the XVELA support solution (Desk) to open, track, and manage cases to resolution and deliver exceptional customer support.
- Integration – lead the effort to electronically integrate ocean carrier and terminal operator customers through EDI and API’s. This includes integration analysis, creation of mapping specifications for EDI, creation and modification of the XENOS maps, testing and deployment. Anticipated initial EDIFACT message sets include BAPLIE, STIF, MOVINS, COPRAR, and TPFREP. Additional message formats include ANSI X12, XML, flat-file. TANSTA and proprietary formats of various types.
- Deployments – manage the deployment of the XVELA solution to large networks of terminal operators in a quick and efficient manner.
- Training – train ocean carrier and terminal operator customers on the use of the solutions in person or virtually. Contribute to the creation of training materials such as help guides, subject blogs, knowledge base, and related items to ensure customers have the training and information to best use the solution.
- Contribute & Collaborate - In addition to the above, by virtue of superior knowledge, skills, and experience collaborate with XVELA team members to provide insight, solutions and guidance to address and resolve complex issues. Be a strong contributor to define and improve processes and the solution to deliver exceptional deployment, training and support experiences to XVELA customers
- BS degree in computer science or the equivalent is required.
- 5-7 years related customer support, deployment and training experience.
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages welcomed.
- A strong and inherent customer service/technical support propensity
- An analytical approach to and interest in solving difficult problems autonomously
- Deep understanding of the vessel stowage process, terminal operations, XVELA solutions and related systems, integration of messages, formats and technologies
- Strong leadership, client/project management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, hard working, willingness to learn, and self-motivated
- Ability to be flexible in a non-structured environment, but recognize and contribute when process is necessary
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- An ability to understand complex solutions and train others to use these solutions
- Must be willing to travel based on business needs and have the ability to work extended hours under tight deadline to successfully meet objectives
- Positive enjoyment of teamwork especially in relation to multi-disciplinary virtual teams
Navis LLC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
At NAVIS LLC, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our team mates through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and a deep commitment to developing you. Navis’ culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Navis and thrive in your every work day!
Principals need only apply. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please apply directly to Navis via the careers page or LinkedIn.