Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
80 days ago
“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
As a Reservation Agent you are responsible for handling incoming calls and inquires to the reservation department in a professional, efficient, and friendly manner.
The Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Summary of Responsibility
- Answer the phone within 3 rings utilizing company approved standard of greeting, followed by reservations script in handling the Guest inquiry for Hotel room reservation or other inquiry about the facilities of the Hotel; handle other reservation inquiries via fax, email and other channels as directed according to standard operating procedures
- Process the reservations by entering the information accurately in the property management system; follow up with reservation confirmations, modifications, cancellations and make the changes in the system as applicable; make sure information is entered according to standard operating procedures and standards
- Responsible for keeping accurate paper transactions, and recording of any specific requirement in terms of reservation requests, amenities; special request; advance deposit; complete daily call conversion sheets of their individual shift; compile reports as directed by the Manager or Supervisor of the department
- Have full knowledge of Hotel facilities, and promotions; take initiative to always keep up to date with any changes within in the Hotel that might affect reservation bookings
- Participate and comply with any training and reservation programs, such as up-selling, cross selling other sister hotels to increase revenue for the Hotel and company
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Al Ghurair Hotel managed by Accor will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Dubai:
Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene. Burj Khalifa, an 830m-tall tower, dominates the skyscraper-filled skyline. At its foot lies Dubai Fountain, with jets and lights choreographed to music. On artificial islands just offshore is Atlantis, The Palm, a resort with water and marine-animal parks. For more info about living in Dubai we suggest to check out the following websites:
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you are interested in embarking on a challenging career with us, we invite you to submit your resume to