14 days ago
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Shall provide technical writing, complete design assistance services including preparation of civil site work drawings and water/sewer designs based on existing local utilities and facility load and use.
2. Assists in preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications for Site Survey Services, Investigative/Design Services, Solicitations, Project Management and Submittal Review.
3. Shall compile and integrate work of other disciplines into the project design documentation.
4. Shall attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development taskings, and exercise, safety, and force protection meetings as required.
5. Shall be responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control, submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers, and may travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed.
6. Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
7. Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DoD provided protective gear.