12 days ago
Project Manager - (1908216)
The Project Manager will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the project and the execution of that project in accordance with the contract and the project's HSSE, quality, quantities, schedule and financial goals. This individual has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of the project, is responsible for all deliverables of the work produced and is accountable to McDermott’s CB&I® Storage Tank Solutions (CSTS) Management and to the client for the project team's performance. The Project Manager must be intimately familiar with and manage work to seven baseline documents: Contract, Scope of Work, Execution Plan, Schedule, Estimate, Business and Profitability Plan and Risk Management Plan. CSTS is currently part of McDermott International, which announced its intent to sell the business in October 2018. So, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of Legal Team for CSTS, the world’s leading and most experienced builder and designer of industrial storage facilities.
- Primary functions include complying with CSTS's business & legal policies, managing client expectations, protecting the Company from unnecessary risks, managing resources for the project, providing leadership, and serving as a focal point for client communication. The Project Manager is also responsible for project forecasting as well as participation in the sales process by providing project management leadership during the pre-contract effort. Additional responsibilities include a complete understanding of the Contract and the "as-sold" scope of work and communicating them to the project team; and the establishment and communication of project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- The Project Manager works closely with the client, CSTS management, and project leads and provides direction and coordination of all project team members. On larger projects, Senior Project Managers and/or Project Directors will also supervise the work of other Project Managers who are assigned to specific components or units of the overall project.
- Other responsibilities include executing and managing CSTS’s Lessons Learned program at the project level, preparation of internal and external project reports; and representing the Company and the project at all meetings.
- Prefer a BS degree
- Prefer domestic and/or international experience as a Project Manager in a global EPC Company executing contracts in industries such as oil & gas, LNG, petrochemical, power, nuclear and water.
- 15+ years including multiple medium or large projects.
- Experience with modular fabrication a plus.
- Knowledge of lump sum turnkey business model a plus
- Candidate should have a broad technical knowledge including construction and engineering processes, procurement, project controls reporting and contract management.
- Must be able to positively and effectively communicate with client and project team members
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai
Job: Project Management
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Aug 4, 2019, 12:20:37 AM