13 days ago
- Analyze, design and detail yard development works, survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical or geological data in order to plan and implement projects, prepare specifications and Bills of Quantities and review tenders and prepare Tender Analysis Reports.
- Supervise works to check if they are executed to the requirements and as per the Drawings and Specifications.
- Measure the works in conjunction with Contractors, agree on quantities and process Valuations of the works.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Prepare estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to concerned management personnel.
- Supervise the activities of assigned temporary administrative subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of tender preparation activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
- Certification in Steel Construction Contracting G+ Unlimited or G+12 (registered in Dubai Municipality) is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Shall have minimum 10 years’ experience in Civil Construction work including ports or other marine works, preferably with previous Gulf experience.
- Should be creative enough to find logical solutions to solve design problems.
- Good communications skills are a must to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Auto CAD).
- High standard of Written / Spoken English.