Front Desk Agent
6 days ago
Front Desk Agent
: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont Dubai
Front Desk Agent
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our Guests and Visitors is an integral part of our operations. As a Front Desk agent you will greet arriving Guests and settle their accounts for the Hotel at the Reception Desk by providing a warm, personal welcome and offering assistance to Guests throughout the duration of their stay.
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate Fairmont’s brand service plus standards in all interactions
- Provide a warm welcome & fond farewell to guests and assists Guests’ according to brand standards
- Remain observant and respond to each Guest who approaches the Reception Desk
- Is an ambassador of Fairmont Dubai by providing an excellent first impression
- Maintain a perpetual presence on the Reception Desk throughout the hours of the shift
- Greet all Guests courteously, using the Guest’s name whenever possible
- Follow Hotel’s telephone etiquette standards
- Follow Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Drive Rate & RevPAR through up-selling room brand
- Must possess outstanding Guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Proficient in English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Able to type 25 words per minute
- 2 years minimum experience in customer service
- A hospitality diploma is an asset
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and Opera PMS systems is recommended
- Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work