New Centre Opening Project Manager, Construction
70 days ago
REPORTS TO: NCO Director
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
With over 3,000 locations in over 100 countries and 1,000 cities across the world, IWG is the global leader in the fast-growing Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) sector. As the owner and operator of internationally renowned brands like Regus, Spaces, Signature, Open Office, HQ, No18., we provide local and global networks for all kinds of businesses. From independent sole traders and fledgling start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, we provide cutting-edge, inspirational workspaces that support effective working and collaboration.
This person will manage relationships with our external partners to deliver our New Centre Opening (NCO) programme on time, on budget and in line with our design standards.
- Project manage the construction of all NCO’s in conjunction with our out-sourced partners. Ensure there is clarity on expectations, deadlines and any issues or risks are escalated and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure our partners manage the fit-out of new centres so they are in line with our global design and build standards.
- Plan and manage the refurbishment and maintenance of our existing estate, ensuring minimal disruption to customers and prioritising where we will maximise Return on Investment. Ensure Design and Build partners are utilised where appropriate and other contractors are effectively engaged where Design & Build is not appropriate.
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders so work is prioritised in line with business needs. Robustly manage supplier’s performance in line with contractual agreement whilst maintaining a positive relationship and ensuring suppliers remain engaged and committed to delivering our NCO and refurbishment objectives.
- Utilise strong network of contacts so we partner with the right suppliers.
Skills and experience
- Significant programme management experience gained in a fast-paced environment such as Retail, Retail banking, Hotels or Professional consultancy. Used to managing multiple openings to demanding timescales and tight budget controls.
- Highly commercial and results focused - significant experience of reducing cost whilst improving standardisation.
- High drive with strong attention to detail. Can cope with a high degree of ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
- Strong resilience with the ability to keep focused on the big picture and end goal.
- Previous experience of refurbishment and maintenance management is desirable.
- Ability to positively influence multiple stakeholders across countries and cultures.
- Experience in selecting and managing preferred partners for large Design and Build programmes through a competitive tender process would be advantageous.
- Language required: English, Arabic + other European languages would be an advantage.
We achieve our outstanding results through our people. Our ability to recruit, train, promote and retain top quality talent is one of our core strengths and has been fundamental to our long term growth. It is our entrepreneurial, dedicated, customer focused people who are making business happen. They are behind our fantastic success and incredible growth. They are driving us forward as we define the future of work.
We recruit ambitious, driven people who bring new ideas that improve our services. If you are energetic and can deliver outstanding results we will give you the opportunity to build a rewarding and successful career.