Project Manager - UAE
84 days ago
Dubai, Dubai, ARE
Email Me Similar Jobs
Email Me This Job
This position will be based in the UAE with travel required to other Fugro offices in the region. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day execution, management and on time delivery of assigned projects. The ideal candidate will have extensive project management experience and PM accreditation.
- Manage the day-to-day financial control of the projects, including budget forecasting, financial performance, periodic reporting and planning in line with the company's key business objectives.
- Preparation of project execution plans, method statements, schedules, QHSE plans and risk assessments to address stringent Client HSE and technical requirements in line with Company procedures.
- Scheduling and allocation of equipment and resources in line with specific project requirements.
- Attend and conduct regular internal/external technical project meetings, kick-off meetings and safety sessions.
- Develop positive relations with government departments, subcontractors, equipment and service providers to ensure timely availability, competitive rates and agreed actions.
- Continuous communication and liaison with Clients, operations and laboratory departments, and other project stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables and Client satisfaction.
- Collate, track and present project KPIs to maintain cost and contractual control at all times.
- Assist in compilation of technical/commercial proposals where necessary.
- Preparation of factual/interpretive geotechnical reports collaboration with Engineering department.
QHSSE ACCOUNTABILITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree, preferably Civil Engineering or technical qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology or related Earth Sciences.
- Client management and negotiation.
- Minimum 5yrs+ in similar role including commercial, technical and practical project management experience in the geotechnical contracting industry.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills both internally and with Client (English is essential, other dialects may be advantageous)
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Keen Commercial awareness and contractual management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management Areas project scope management, project time management, project cost management.
- Strong technical capability with Geotechnical, Construction Engineering and other related services.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail; proven track record leading and successfully completing small and large - scale projects.
ROLE SPECIFIC BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
- Information and communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.