Senior Project Manager
21 days ago
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for a team of Engineers / Supervisors. The Senior Project Manager typically operates on one or multiple projects and is responsible for all activities (internal and external) on the project. In this capacity, Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the Project Engineering & Execution activities in line with the project goals.
- The Senior Project Manager delivers a System or Project as required.
- The Senior Project Manager is an advisor to the business units and maintains good communication with all stakeholders to ensure critical areas of concern are addressed.
- The Senior Project Manager coordinates assigned projects, promotes safe working practices, develops and executes technically compliant, cost effective electrical/mechanical engineering solutions for a project.
- The Senior Project Manager accomplishes the assigned tasks within the framework of the company policies and procedures.
- Delivering the project on time, within the budget and acceptable quality to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with all stake holders (Main Contractors, Consultants, Client and internal departments) to ensure project deliverables are catered during the engineering, execution and close out of the project.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Trade Engineers and Supervisors in quantifying total material and labour requirements for the project, ensuring timely order of materials, planning / arranging of labour / sub-contractors.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Trade Engineers, and Supervisors in monitoring daily productivity, comparing with planned, taking corrective actions for loss of productivity.
- Manage the installation and construction work from time to time and ensure efficient standards of workmanship are maintained.
- Liaise with local authorities as required.
- Checking the respective trade project cost (cost to complete) with allotted budget, reporting higher management / commercial / estimation department cost trends in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with QS to ensure that all variation works are captured, delays notified so that effective claims are made to increase budgeted project margins.
- Ensure that all information related to technical drawings, mechanical equipment lists, construction equipment lists, technical specifications are updated and readily available.
- Leading the project management team & design team in all aspects of the project.
- Develop / apply internal engineering and construction standards, operating procedures, specifications and templates so that project delivery, engineering and construction are conducted in a consistent manner.
- Maintaining Lessons learnt register, exchange technical information and learnings within the organization to maintain awareness of internal projects, developments and trend.
- Develop Method Statements for each activity in line with Project Specifications.
- Project Closeout Documentations.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring that all company and sub contract personnel are complying with AFE HSE Policy.
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations.
- Actively supporting and participate in safety and environmental initiatives.
- Ensuring JSAs are completed as required.
The Senior Project Manager will report to the General Manager, however, channels exists for direct communication with the Managing Director and other member from the senior leadership team at weekly meetings or as and when required.
To be a successful in this role, you should have a bachelor's degree in engineering specialised in mechanical / electrical. Masters in Business Administration is a plus. Minimum of 15+ years relevant experience in a MEP contracting environment. Typically, has managed MEP projects of approx. value between AED 50 million – AED 500 million, handling anything between 2 – 4 projects simultaneously. Experience in Pre Contract designing & Post Contract construct phase of the project. Experience with government authorities & regulations – DEWA, FEWA, ADDC.
Strong knowledge of MEP Systems (all aspects - design, function, installations, testing & commissioning and coordination with other trades). Strong knowledge of scheduling / planning and tracking of progress. Knowledge of risk assessment and contingency planning. Awareness / exposure on various system methodologies. Ability to manage multiple project site. Good knowledge in project planning, project management, cost management and FIDIC contract clauses. Possess knowledge of project development and/or project management software (i.e. Pro Design – Amtech, DIALux, AutoCAD / Revit, MS Project / Primavera). Strong written contractual communication skills.
The Senior Project Manager will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. It is essential the incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Have the ability to look at situations from several points of view. Delegate responsibilities effectively. Excellent problem analytical skills and problem simulation. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done. Manage cross-functional relationships effectively. Strong verbal and writing skills, with regards to contractual communication. People management skills & problem solving skills. Excellent managerial & administrative skills however at the same time hands on with day to day business operations. Detail oriented and good reporting skills. Establish clear lines of communication both internally & externally. Strong commercial expertise in driving business results.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.