Project Controls Manager
90 days ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Project Control Manager to join our onshore pipeline project team. In this role you will be responsible for the leadership, management, supervision and guidance of the day to day activities of planning and scheduling personnel working in the core functional group in Italy, Turkey or the UAE (depending on the location of the EPC contractor) and later in Pakistan for the construction/completion phase of the project.
You will be tasked to ensure the competence of planning team group personnel, establishment of fit for purpose, and effective planning practices, procedures and processes within the PMC to ensure that the planning team is resourced with the necessary skills, knowledge and numbers to deliver the PMC scope to the requirements of the contract.
The project period is approximately for 2-3 years, including both EPC design review phase and construction phase.
- To provide oversight and review of the EPC contractor planning and scheduling of the assigned projects including EPC contractor staff plans and manpower histograms and project progress measurement, etc.
- To apply all planning and scheduling techniques as appropriate in accordance with the approved Project Services Execution Plan
- To ensure that the Project Services Systems provide the best possible control tools for the supervisory staff on the project to allow them to control their work efficiently
- Maintain up to date knowledge of planning software and techniques as used on the contract and ensure as well that the staff maintain their skill and knowledge
- To ensure that the project manager, construction manager and the EPC contractor are aware of any potential threats to completion on schedule, and to propose remedial action
- To play a leading role in the management of the EPC project
- To ensure that planning staff are identified, recruited, trained and assign who are competent, experienced and cost effective
- To appraise performance of subordinates and identify / implement training and development needs
- To establish and promote good working relations with his team, project staff and the customer
- Development of the staffing plan and execution for the project organization to ensure resource is available
- Preparation of internal and client weekly and monthly project status reports
- Review of EPC contractor schedules and programmes
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Engineering Degree
- Minimum 20 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the designation
- Ability to manage, to interface with others and to communicate well at all levels
- Proven track record of project control of major pipeline projects in the oil and gas industry, involving Design, Engineering & Construction
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.