Commissioning Manager (Construction)
27 days ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Commissioning Manager to join our onshore pipeline PMC project team. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of day to day commissioning activities.
The project construction period is approximately 30 months. The construction will be executed in Pakistan. The engineering phase will be executed initially in Italy, Turkey or the UAE (depending on the location of the EPC contractor) and later in Pakistan for the construction phase.
Key Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- The candidate should have expert knowledge and working experience in executing Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up and initial operations for pipelines and facilities.
- Should have working experience in early design stage of engineering to identify specific design requirements for the Construction, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up stage. Also, early preparation and finalization of Commissioning Strategy, preparation of Pre-Com and Commissioning scope split matrix, preparation of detailed procedures and check lists, review and approval of Factory Acceptance test and Site Performance Test procedures etc.
- Should have working experience in the application of Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up guidelines, procedures, check lists etc.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to the site erection contractor and construction team
- Provide planning and scheduling of commissioning activities (scope includes dry commissioning only)
- Contractor management and coordination for commissioning activities
- Field quality assurance and turnover documentation for commissioning activities
- Site management as well as logistics and material management for commissioning
- Liaising with construction management and the home office engineering support
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 20 years of related experience, with a minimum of 10 years focusing on construction Commissioning or operations of pipeline and industrial facilities, preferably oil and gas related
- Excellent knowledge of on-site construction management during commissioning
- Advanced knowledge of document management systems
- Proven leadership and management skills
- An entrepreneurial approach and the ability to take on challenges in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and organizational skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.