Project Manager - Construction
76 days ago
Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who build the Magic of Equinix. They share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the canter of everything they do. Driving a ‘customer first’ mind-set is needed to our continued success therefore in line with this we ensure we are always striving to work with best practices and the best infrastructures to maintain our data centre facilities.
As Project Manager at Equinix, you will be responsible for high value Business Critical projects.
You will have had full responsibility for program delivery of multiple related projects as well as have built effective relationships with partners.
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate and facilitate operational projects. By using project and programme management tools the Project Manager will ensure projects are delivered on time, to specification and on budget with minimum business risk. They will clearly communicate project status and business risks to key partners; working closely with internal departments, customers and our suppliers to improve our working relationships
What you will be doing?
- Leads and manages a construction project
- Provides guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc., ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
- Project CAPEX responsibility
- Directs large external teams per project comprising general contractors, A&E design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Responsible to coordinate closely with local authorities
- Contributes to identifying and developing training programs
- Executes effective contract administration procedures including generation, review, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation
- Contributes to mentoring junior team members
- Directs all internal and external project team members including internal Design, Procurement, Operations, and IT/Network support teams
Policy & Procedure Development
- Contributes to building and maintaining best policies and procedures
What we are looking for?
- Data centre/Mission Critical Project Management experience
- Self-Management. You are able to plan and lead own work to meet targets and objectives
- Proven experience in within a data centre environment
- Electrical or Mechanical Degree
- Project Management Diploma is helpful
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in Data Centre Construction
- Experience in preparation of design reports, minutes for team meetings
- Strong formal presentation experience
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Word, Project, AutoCAD and PowerPoint
What We Offer
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still leads to keep a pioneer spirit. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent chance to define and expand your experience in an internal and international environment.
Please click apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.