144 days ago
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a dynamic and action-orientated leader who meets deadlines and makes it happen. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
Education in Project Management, Retailing or similar
15 years in retail, of which at least 5 years in a Senior Management position or 3 years as a Store Manager/Senior Store Position of a full concept IKEA Store. Preferably managed 1 or more IKEA establishment project(s).
Must have project management experience from build-up of large retail properties.
Experience of leading people and teams in large projects, retail business or similar operations.
Affinity with technical engineering and ability to read technical drawings.
Procurement and negotiation know-how (including legal/contractual aspects) and claim management
Analytical and tactical ability. Decision-making at strategic, tactical and operational levels
Great at building strong working relationships
Excellent planning, organizational and co-ordination skills
Self-awareness and understand how your behavior affects others
About the role
You are responsible for delivering the Project within the set timeframe and budget. You coordinate and ensure all stakeholders meet the required timelines. You are also responsible for contributing to continuously improving the way of working in expansion process.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Deliver the expected project results from a Retail Operations point of view, by securing the project plan based upon the specific project directive/brief.
- Sets up and carries out the project according to the project plan; co-ordinates the project team and other contributors; manages deviations; and updates the project plan.
- Establish and leads the store project organization and team needed for the delivery of the project.
- Act as an ambassador for the project and secure appropriate communication between internal and external stakeholders.
- Report the project status to the Expansion Manager on a regular basis in a relevant and transparent way, including any significant risks/deviations on time, cost or quality or other deviations to the intended project result.
- Ensure all commercial planning and build-up activities for the project are secured in close co-operation with the Regional Construction Manager, lead the co-ordination of interfaces to fit out work.
- Secure, in close co-operation with the Store Manager, the preparation of the store organization and the store operations including marketing measures (where applicable).
- Secure an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality.
- Ensure a proper handover to the store organization.
- Manages the agreed project Pre-opening and Capex budget and takes responsibility for investments and costs as defined in the project budget, manage the procurement and financing of all installations, goods, services and disposition of resources.
- Secure regular evaluations after project completion. Ensure that all necessary project data & information are documented, evaluated and archived.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an annual Action Plan to achieve the Regional Expansion and Commercial Goals.
- Maintain effective communication and ways of working with all Co-workers in all areas of Service Office and the Stores.
- Manage queries and issues relating to and resolving project issues with all internal and external customers.
- Actively support the personal and professional development of project organization members in close co-operation with their line manager.
Carry out, follow-up and evaluation of the pre-project activities, project activities and the store
Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of project management tools and methods related to retail expansion projects.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.