Senior Construction Manager
71 days ago
The Construction Manager, under the Resident Engineer’s supervision is responsible for the management of the works on site on behalf of ADP Ingénierie: progress, quality and interfaces between the Client/PMC, Consulting Engineer and the contractors. The Construction Manager supervises the planning, coordination and implementation of construction projects in accordance with the contract, the codes & standards, and specifications, to the highest professional standards.
This role will report directly to the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager.
The role involved, inter alia, the management of the daily activities and performance of the Supervision team . He/She has relation with:
- All the local staff
- All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution i.e. constant liaisons with the Client/PMC, Contractor(s) and other Consultants (when applicable) on project related matters.
Site Management & Deliverables – Construction Stage
- Review/Prepare a site mobilization package for temporary facilities including site security and safety, independent testing services and camp development.
- Review site activities and site related deliverables of the Supervision team and Contractor(s) during pre-construction phase.
- Assist for the preparation of project execution plan.
- Develop and implement a constructability program to maximize the advantage of early reviews during on-site design process.
- Plan, mobilize and assign tasks to construction Supervision Team(s) for each construction area (Contracts)
- Lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor
- Effectively evaluate technical proposals and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
- Implement methods for dispute avoidance and resolution study
- To lead expert team on Testing & Commissioning Procedure setting up.
- Familiarize construction supervision personnel with the site and with contract obligations.
- Hold preconstruction conferences and respond to construction related correspondence
- Check/review Health & Safety measures at site.
- Overview and supervise review of materials, shop drawings, method statements, mockups, etc… and ensure these reviews are executed on time.
- Monitor the progress, schedule and coordination of the contractors by the Supervision Team
- Prepare recommendations for the Resident Engineer in order to alert the Client regarding anticipated claims.
- Assist in preparing project specific construction management procedures (if required).
- Review project execution for compliance with contract requirements.
- Review contract requirements for notices contractors must supply including changes to scope or time of performance, delay of work caused by others, untimely client furnished equipment/materials, force majeure events, and changed site conditions.
- Monitor quality controls and the labs management by Consulting Engineer.
- Monitor contractual issues of the contractors.
- Coordinate and brief the Client regarding all matters related to the construction (when required).
- When requested, contributes to the engineering design phases of projects through participation in constructability reviews, lessons learnt and providing feedback on scopes of work to project managers.
Communication & Management
- Ensure good internal coordination between engineers, secretaries and other project staff of ADPI at site.
- Monitor performance of the construction management staff.
- Manage ADPi staff on site including engineers.
- Organize internal and external site meetings
- Oversight of contractor activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with 15 years of experience on large sized construction projects out of which 5 years in Airport construction projects or equivalent 25 years site & engineering experience
- Knowledge of airport infrastructure and systems
- Knowledge in Testing & Commissionning Activities
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Experienced in managing and coordinating project tasks an d trade Engineering
- Significant Experience on Contracting works
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding, and personal presence.
- Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English; reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- General computer proficiency and good knowledge