Senior Project Manager (SPM) - Major Projects
166 days ago
What are my responsibilities?
- Position holder will manage large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance.
- Supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Assist in project development. Analyzes scope of work. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team and the subcontractors. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepare or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Develops a cost control plan with team members and management to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare or oversees subcontractor scopes of work. Obtains subcontractor bids. Evaluates subcontractor proposals with the development team members. Selects reliable subcontractors to provide electrical, plumbing, lighting, mechanical, specialized construction or other services.
- Manage submittals, change orders, requests for information, etc.
- Manage subcontractor installations.
- Coordinate resources (internal and external such subcontractors) to complete a successful start–up and commissioning of the systems to the end user.
- Participate in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or returns excess materials; final billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
- Domain Knowledge: Building Management System , Security System (CCTV and ACS), Intelligent Lighting Management System, other ELV systems such as Intercom, Central Battery, Structured Cabling etc.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous project management experience
- 10 to 15 years of experience, Ability to manage multiple large scale projects .
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, MS Project and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Detail orientated, having the ability to manage multiple projects with potentially changing deadlines.
- Ability to work constructively in a team setting.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Sr. PM@ Siemens shall be obtained within one year of start of employment.
- Mechanical, Electrical, General Contracting, Access Control, Surveillance, Data Center & BMS Background/Experience.
- Construction Project Management Experience or related education.
Job ID: 84988
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time