Rail Project Manager
65 days ago
Atkins’ Transportation is our centre of excellence for the design of rail and highway infrastructure projects. We aim to be the designer of choice for Network Rail, highway authorities, contractors and developers. We are working on a number of high profile projects and frameworks nationwide, including Cross Rail, East West Rail, Midland Mainline Electrification, HS2, Cambridge to Huntingdon A14 upgrade and Smart Motorways programme and related projects.
The Rail business of Atkins is looking to recruit a number of Project Managers with a range of experience to join our Project delivery practice delivering £ Multi-Million rail infrastructure projects. The roles will include managing experienced design and delivery teams within our Transportation division and will primarily be based in the Midlands.
Our Project Delivery practice within our Transportation division provides support and guidance to the whole of Transportation in project management, project controls and quality and technical assurance. Project Delivery leads on our portfolio of major projects within both Strategic Rail & Highways. This includes functional leadership and standards for how we govern our projects.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- High level of project management capability and experience – a suitable professional qualification will be advantageous
- Experience of delivering large and highly complex engineering/construction projects to time, budget, quality, safety and environmental specifications
- Proven record of leading and collaborating with internal multidisciplinary teams, delivery partners, and suppliers to deliver the project objectives
- Experience of managing business and project risks and developing appropriate mitigation strategies
- Ability to monitor, improve, and validate design programmes, with regards to time, cost, and resources.
- Knowledge of different Contract types and experience of managing variations, including performing change control and governance activities
- Ability to establish, build, and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders; suppliers, client/contractors, and internal stakeholders.
- Commitment in delivering high standards on health and safety and following safe working procedures at all times.
The successful applicant should possess the following behavioural competencies and skills:
- Effective and influential communication
- Collaboration and successful relationship management
- Negotiation and strategic thinking
- Leadership and Initiative
- Organisational skills and drive to achieve the project objectives
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.