Project Manager – PMP – High Rise Buildings – Civil Engineer
94 days ago
Black & Grey HR is recruiting for a Top tier construction firm in UAE. Our client is looking to hire a Project Manager with experience in Mega Projects. The prime objectives of this role is to ensure the quality, timing and budget of the project while expediting necessary decisions and keeping the Business informed throughout the life of a project/program. The job-holder shall provide a tacit “smoothness” in the flow of the project that is obtained by continued job site presence. Decisions requiring Business direction occur daily.
KEY TASKS for the Ideal Candidate:
– Represent the Business on a continuous basis at the construction site including preparing the daily field report.
– Monitor all stages of work (design, architectural, mechanical, civil, electrical engineering, and construction, facility activation) to assure compliance with the contract document and project requirements
– Raise and/or resolve any project issues with architecture/engineering, the Construction Manager, contractors, vendors or the developer
– Administer the activities that are responsibility of the developer
– Monitor progress of the work and facilitate expedition when necessary to obtain compliance with project schedules
– Prepare/communicate biweekly reports of project progress to developer and/or its affiliates
– Attend all job meetings representing the Owner’s interests
– Conduct special meetings to resolve problems
– Take part and document the building information modelling (BIM) process and any above ceiling conflicts
– Serve as administrative communication link between the developer and project implementation team
– Review and approve payment requests before formal submittal to Owner
– Ensure waiver of lean and sworn statement and other certified documents are in place
– Draft change orders to adjust the work, due to changes in scope or unexpected conditions (subject to developer’s ultimate approval). The drafting of change orders should be done by the prime contractor in conjunction with the architect of record then reviewed by the project manager, and then reviewed and approved by the developer.
– Keep all developer’s copies of project documents, in an up-to-date, orderly manner
– Inform developer of pertinent and potentially controversial issues, and recommend and implement solutions to same
– Work with architecture/engineering and the contractors to prepare issue/punch lists to keep the project on track relative to cost, schedule, quality, and performance
– Set up appropriate reporting standards to follow-up and report regular progress. (This should include outstanding issues log with responsibilities assigned, shop drawing log RFI log with indication any additional costs in the event of additional costs the entity that caused the additional cost should be identified. The project schedule should also include the two-week look ahead along with safety reports and daily field notes.)
– Follow up with consultants and authorities on obtaining necessary permits
– Evaluate and produce feasible program mixes on potential land acquisition
– Oversee bidding process for construction contracts and selection of suppliers
– Optimize costs at all stages, and achieve total cost of projects within budgets
– Conduct daily site visits to supervise execution and quality control during the construction phase
– Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution, Master preferred.
– Minimum of 12+ years or more of work experience in construction and project management and/or real estate development
– Registered and licensed Engineer.
– Certified Project Management, PMP
– In-depth knowledge in FIDIC is a must.
– Excellent writing skills to communicate and summarize complicated situations
– Computer skills including spreadsheet application, AutoCAD, Primavera, MS Project, Excel, etc.
– Ability to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks
– Ability to modify plans and behaviour when necessary to meet a goal
– Accomplishes a task thoroughly with concern for all aspects, no matter how small
– Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment
– Strong organizational skills
– Proven ability to operate under pressure
– Maintains the normal standards of ethics, conduct and organizational policies
– Demonstrates leadership capability and competence
– Ability to operate lean and handle multiple simultaneous tasks
When uploading your CV please ensure it is saved in a Word format. All CV’s are treated with the utmost confidentiality and will not be forwarded without your prior permission. However, we regret that due to the number of applications received each day we are only able to contact those applicants who are shortlisted.