Projects Planning & Projects Control Manager
31 days ago
- Media Center
- JAM Group
- Group Companies
- Al Arabia Electrical Industries L.L.C
- Al Arabia Electro Mechanical L.L.C
- Al Arabia For Elevators & Moving Systems L.L.C
- Al Arabia For Operation & Maintenance L.L.C
- Al Arabia For Safety & Security L.L.C
- Al Arabia For Technical Supplies and Contracts L.L.C
- Al Arabia Group of Companies in Qatar
- Al Majid Contracting L.L.C
- Juma Al Majid Electro Mechanical Works L.L.C
- Juma Al Majid Est for Electro Mechanical Works
- Leader L.L.C
- Leader Metal Industries L.L.C
- Projects Development & Management
- JOOD Palace Hotel
- Al Majid Investment
- Al Maarifa
- Al Majid Properties
- Carpets & Curtains
- Home Appliances
- Office Equipment & Material Handling
- Office Furniture
- Tyres & Batteries
- Al Majid Travels
- Sky Line Travel
- JAM Group
Job Location : Dubai
Job Industry : Contracting
Job Function : Engineering
Preferred Nationalities : Any
Gender : Male
Minimum Educational Qualification : Architectural/Civil Engineering Degree or Degree Diploma in Planning/Construction Management
Relevant Years of Experience: : 10 years related experience
Age : 35-60
Posted Date : 11-03-2019
1. Draws up master program & schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to
meet forecasted baseline program/schedule.
2. Plans and prepares Project program and schedules (time, cash flow, resources etc.) for all projects development and projects construction management by PDM-JAM
3. Planner/Scheduler coordinates with Project Managers, Consultants and Contractors to determine status of projects and report on program related issues.
4. Updates the project program periodically (weekly/monthly) through the JAM PDM planning software.
5. Study the cash flow schedules submitted by the Contractors/Consultants and advise the PMs/C&P on the same.
6. Prepare the periodical progress report with respect to program and schedules
7. Responsible for registering and keeping all data with respect to progress, time frames, schedules etc. to ensure that all documentary evidences are available to verify related claims, variations, disputes etc.
1. Responsible for the establishment and tracking of the project program and cost control systems.
2. Management and direction of the document management systems, in consultation with the Document Management Team.
3. Review, check and evaluate the service providers, consultants and Contractors time schedule of works.
4. Following the review, recommend, acceptance / rejection of the Contractors time schedule to PMs for forwarding the comments, requirements to the consultants for rectification, update and recovery plan prior program acceptance;
5. Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the CPDO.
6. Coordinate with the Sr. PMs, PMs, C&P department manager regarding the consultants and contractors works on all cost control and scheduling issues and progress;
7. Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the departments Head & PMs) reports about the status of development and projects progress;
8. Evaluate and forecast cash flow for project progress and performance against the established accepted / amended schedule with critical milestones;
9. review and assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages;
10. Inform the Sr. PMs/ PMs of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones;
11. Analyze, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the consultants / Contractors to mitigate any delays.
12. Participate in the assessment and analysis of time related claims by the consultants / contractors.
Architectural / Civil Engineering Degree from a recognized University and/or Professional Qualification in a related discipline.
Degree Diploma in Planning/Construction Management is an added advantage
Certified / Proficient with Planning software like Primavera, MS Project etc.
Proficient with MS office (Excel, Words, Power point).
- Relevant experiences in the planning department of large & reputed contracting companies’ /Consultants/ Developers handling large building and infrastructure projects/ mixed use developments.
- Must have hands on experience in developing and monitoring project program and schedules in Primavera and MS project, for large scale building projects.
- Minimum of 10 years experience performing, monitoring, reviewing and presenting project cost engineering functions which include cost estimating, cost control, cost analysis and proposal activities with demonstrated skill in establishing criteria, planning and supervising project cost engineering activities.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in commercial, residential and mixed use projects is a must.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in supervising cost estimates, cost control, and overall project reporting activities. Knowledge of engineering, construction, and business management techniques customarily acquired by prolonged course of specialized instruction. Knowledgeable of current industry and technical development.
- Experience of managing projects with KPI as measures against performance.
- Be able to communicate effectively with project management controls teams and work with them to meet the project objectives.
- Analytical thinking
- Good command of planning software like Primavera, MS Project etc.
- Good at interpreting the drawings into time, tasks and schedules.
- Good knowledge of building related project program and schedules.
- Ability to speak read and write English fluently.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Juma Al Majid Group Group Companies Other