92 days ago
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Job number: 03181
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted:
- Job closing:
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
To be working in a client facing role, responsible for the appointment and management of the extended professional teams of local and international consultants and contractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the senior project manager to deliver project and design management services as set out in the scope of service.
- Developing the delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the scheme.
- Working closely with the leadership team, providing input into design and construction programmes.
- Working in a client facing role managing the appointment of the direct team and extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
- Driving all appointed consultants for their actions and deliverables.
- Attending the weekly project meetings as requested by project director and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Collecting and analysing daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Reviewing for completeness in project documentation informing the project director of deficiencies.
- Contributing to the evolution of the project documentation and methodology.
- Communicating with contractors and site superintendents about delays and any other issues that must be communicated to clients.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required for client approval.
- Must have experience working in construction management or project management teams.
- Experience in residential, hospitality or high-rise buildings is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of health and safety is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to make decisions and proceed with confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- UAE experience is an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel or operate in remote locations is essential.
- A degree qualification or equivalent is preferred but is not essential.
- Professional memberships are preferred but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”