253 days ago
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Requisition ID: 212313
Independently performs complex professional engineering assignments in Oil, Gas and Chemicals Global Business Unit design office or field requiring the application of specialized and/or advanced engineering principles associated with the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline. May direct personnel on special studies or special segments of a client project. May participate in the formulation and development of advanced engineering concepts associated with proposal development design or construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs work, in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business Unit, which involves development and/or interpretation of design criteria and specifications for most complex systems, processes, structures and equipment. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice associated with design of steel and concrete structures, foundations and buildings in industrial facilities but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Serves as a technical consultant to engineering management, providing advice and counsel on special engineering assignments.
- Assists in new business efforts involving specialized engineering applications. Develops preliminary cost estimates and participates in proposal preparation and presentation.
- Prepares and reviews project controls, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects, forecasts and change orders.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of unique field engineering activities and of specialized outside consultants. May participate in selection of outside consultants.
- Conducts or leads special studies on economic feasibility, new technologies, methods, or materials. Prepares and presents technical papers of the studies performed.
- Interprets new or special governmental regulations engineering codes, standards, criteria and performance data.
- Participates in the development and coordination of special technical educational and training programs for clients and/or Bechtel personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and reviews of project procedures and cost estimates for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Technical knowledge of engineering systems and calculations, application of civil/structural engineering methods and construction methods and materials. Experience in preparation and checking of analysis and design deliverables (concepts, calculations, drawings and quantities) for steel and concrete structures, foundations and piling, buildings and associated anchorage and connections. Experience in 3D modeling of structures and finite element analysis methods.
Broad knowledge of precedents in specialty areas associated with civil/structural engineering discipline and of principles and practices of related technical areas. These include linear/non-linear static and dynamic analysis of structures, dynamic analysis and design of machine foundations, soil dynamics and earthquake engineering.
Proficiency in application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools such as STAAD.Pro, SAP2000, ANSYS, GTStrudl and MathCad to solve advanced civil/structural engineering problems.
Knowledge of current industry or regulatory codes and standards and study criteria pertinent to the civil/structural engineering discipline including those developed by AISC, ACI, ASCE, AWS, ASTM International , IBC and other international codes and standards.
Advanced skills in oral and written communications, specifically in preparation, review and discussion of technical documents.
Understanding and working knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), design guides, and relevant Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- A recognized graduate or doctorate degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related a scientific or engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university, AND
- Practical progressive work experience in engineering or scientific disciplines or relevant equivalent experience in related engineering or scientific disciplines sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineering or technical specialist
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.