Assistant Resident Engineer (Civil Infrastructure)
255 days ago
Assistant Resident Engineer – Infrastructure
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deputize for the Resident Engineer, when required.
- Supervise contractor's work to achieve construction in accordance with the contract documents.
- Review contractor's technical submissions.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue site instructions.
- Supervise site inspection staff.
- Confirm measure of work done for interim valuations.
- Observe site safety practices.
- Record up-to-date contract information.
- Prepare progress reports as required.
- Confirm correctness and completeness of 'as built' drawings.
- Provide leadership and advice to subordinate staff.
- Monitor contractor's compliance with the requirements of approved safety plan and report deficiencies immediately to the Supervisor.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction supervision of infrastructure and land development projects.
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.