Senior Civil Structural Engineer
139 days ago
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Civil Structural Engineer to strengthen our Engineering team.
- This is a Home Office position based in Dubai, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq. Normal working time will be 48 hours per week
- Reporting to the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer, the candidate will assume sole responsibility for assigned Civil/Structural engineering work scopes.
- To carry out Civil/Structural discipline work within a project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil & gas production facilities.
- To plan, budget, organize, and control a segment of the Civil/Structural engineering deliverables for the project.
- To prepare Civil/Structural deliverables for a project FEED in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To provide direction and guidance on all Civil/Structural engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Civil/Structural engineering design.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- Operational support / construction and commissioning experience.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.