Civil Field Inspector
13 days ago
Responsible to perform site inspections on assigned projects to confirm that the work is carried out as per contract documents, codes and standards and to best practices in construction.
This role will report directly to Project Manager at site, and works in relation with:
- All the local staff
- All the external entities necessary to his/her job execution
- Attend to all site inspection requests (IRs) from the contractor for Architectural, Civil and Structural works. Undertake site inspections when required and instructed by the Resident Enginner/Project Manager
- Coordinate with contractor’s QA/QC department. Review and evaluate Contractor’s Quality document submittals. Assess the Quality/Workmanship of the installation.
- Review method statements, material submittals and shop drawings submitted by the contractor and ensure they are in line with contracts document requirements. Ensure works are carried out as per latest approved drawings and specifications.
- Maintain records of daily activities and provides all the photographs needed for all QA/QC reports.
- Record legibly and accurately all controversial and non-complying construction practices, materials and equipment and report to supervisor detailed potential problems for early resolution. Address concern and prepare Non Conformity for Engineer/RE approval.
- Check & witness laboratories test on site and/or lab.
- May assist in the training and evaluation of assigned architectural and design/drafting personnel.
- Control site installations and safety measures on daily basis.
- Prepare the review for raising hold points.
- Continuously monitor progress and quality on site.
- Random check manpower at site to ensure project completion within the contract period.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience as site inspector on large complex buildings/facilities, including field administration experience.
- Technical Diploma
- Experience must reflect working knowledge of quality system standards and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of Expedition and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge in AutoCAD, 3D and other Software is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in communication skills : English fluency required .