Junior Civil Engineer
29 days ago
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, designing and enabling excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
The Middle East Atkins Civil Engineering team is currently looking for a Civil Engineer to join their team in Dubai.
- Responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance from the seniors in the discipline.
- Develop detailed designs from the schematic designs under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Able to develop details/sketches and provide details to CAD technicians.
- Shall ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned tasks within the discipline.
- Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
- Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering from a recognised Institute. At least one year’s industry (or equivalent academic) experience would be considered an advantage.
- Have an understanding of finite element analysis and shall be proficient in at least one major civil/structural engineering FE design programme.
- Minimum degree classification of 2:1 (i.e. 3.2/4 GPA or above) in Civil or Structural Engineering. A further specialist (such as a MEng or Masters degree) would be an advantage
- No more than two (2.0) years relevant work experience
- Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
- Graduate membership of institutes such as ICE and working towards chartership.
- Working Knowledge of software’s such as AUTOCAD and/or BIM.
Additional Information (if any)
- Shall possess valid passport.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Apply and the Process:
- Candidates will be screened based on the above criteria and contacted accordingly
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.