Graduate Civil (Structural) Engineer
53 days ago
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, designing and enabling excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
The Middle East Atkins Civil Structures team is looking to recruit a Graduate Engineer onto their Graduate Development Programme (GDP).
We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success, and our graduates are the future of our business. We ensure that we provide you with a varied workload and encourage you to extend yourself in order to reach your potential.
UAE Nationals are encourage to apply.
This is a full-time role working Sunday to Thursday, 8am-6pm. You will join Atkins in the Middle East as a Graduate Engineer within the Building Services team. You will have one base location but you will eventually be assigned to projects across the region therefore it is likely that an element of travelling will be required for your role. Specific responsibilities will depend on the business you are recruited into and the project(s) you are assigned to.
You will be supported towards a relevant internationally recognised professional institution and provided with all the support infrastructure required in order to achieve professional status, both financially and through work experience & structured training.
- Minimum degree classification of 2:1 (i.e. 3.2/4 GPA or above) in Civil or Structural Engineering. A further specialist (such as a MEng or Masters degree) would be an advantage
- No more than two (2.0) years relevant work experience
- Drive and self motivation to achieve chartered status with the relevant institution
- Drive to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English (verbal & written) within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to influence others
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make sound judgements
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive tax free salary
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin (expatriates only)
- Gratuity Scheme (or pension scheme for GCC Nationals)
- Medical & Life Insurance cover
- 22 days’ holiday (based on Sunday-Thursday, 8am-6pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Structured development to meet professional status with the relevant institution
- Professional support through allocated mentor & line manager; quarterly & annual reviews; graduate induction & development event; technical & non-technical training; induction to our Bangalore Global Design Centre; Knowledge Sharing sessions; and Graduate Representatives & Discussion Groups.